Discussion: Release of Vector Files for Ghosts Project Profile Pictures

Introduction:
This proposal aims to release the vector files for the Ghosts Project profile pictures (PFP) to the community. This will allow for greater flexibility and customization of the PFPs, as well as potential use in other projects and platforms.

Background:
The Ghosts Project is a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) focused on creating a community-driven platform. The PFPs, which are currently in use on the Ghosts Project website and other platforms, have been designed by MrMisang. However, the current PFPs are only available in raster format, which limits their flexibility and potential uses.

Proposed Solution:
The proposal is to release the vector files for the PFPs to the community. This will allow members to easily edit and customize the PFPs, as well as use them in other projects and platforms. The vector files will be made available on the Ghosts Project website and other platforms for easy access and download.

Implementation:
The vector files will be created by the Ghosts Project design team and will be reviewed by the Ghosts Project Council for quality and accuracy. Once approved, the vector files will be made available for download on the Ghosts Project website and other platforms.

Costs and Funding:
The cost of creating the vector files and making them available for download will be minimal. Funding for this proposal will be requested from the Ghosts Project treasury.

Accountability: jung.btc#0395

Conclusion:
Releasing the vector files for the Ghosts Project PFPs will allow for greater flexibility and customization of the PFPs, as well as potential use in other projects and platforms. This proposal will be beneficial for the community and will be implemented at minimal cost.

1 Like

can you be more specific on “the current PFPs are only available in raster format, which limits their flexibility and potential uses”

if someone is use it for online, it may be better to stick to raster file formats such as JPEG or PNG because raster image formats are more widely supported by web browsers.

Also In some mobile use cases, raster image formats, such as JPEG or PNG, may be better than vector formats like SVG. This is because raster image formats are more widely supported by mobile devices and tend to load faster than vector images.

Of course vector files can be useful in certain situations. if an image will be used in multiple sizes, a vector file can be used to ensure that the image can be easily scaled without losing quality.

We’ve been made several Web2 merch but did not have any problem with raster files. so for me and others.

Can you be more specific on the limitations of raster files?

It is valid about the use of raster image formats for online and mobile use cases. We understand that raster image formats such as JPEG or PNG are more widely supported by web browsers and mobile devices, and tend to load faster than vector images.

However, vector files have some advantages over raster images in certain situations. For example, vector files are resolution-independent, meaning they can be easily scaled without losing quality. This makes them ideal for use in print materials such as posters, brochures, and billboards, which often need to be viewed at larger sizes. Vector files can also be used for creating and editing images in professional graphic design software, whereas raster images may lose quality when edited.

I believe that releasing the vector files for the Ghosts Project PFPs will allow for greater flexibility and customization of the PFPs, as well as potential use in other projects and platforms (like Let’s Walk with Charile, seems like their team is trying to adopt other project to their app). This proposal will give the community the ability to choose the format that best suits their needs, rather than limiting them to a single format.

I apologize for any confusion caused by the lack of specificity in the original proposal. I hope this explanation addresses your concerns, and welcome any further feedback or suggestions you may have.

Plus, all of the web2 merch that I have created was created based on the AI (vector) given by WG at ghostsproject. nothing was created with JPG only.

Vector files are also required in certain areas such as creating merchandise without losing resolution, and allowing other projects to use Ghost PFPs more conveniently through the usage of CC0 license. This will also serve as a selling point for the Ghost Project as a community-driven, open-source project.

is there any specific reason why we need WG to convert raster files into vectors?
anyone can do that using illustration software like Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW, or Inkscape.

It seems like the vector files are for merch. How many merch we’ve been had? If anyone can do it, why should WG do it? will there any beneficial into our community in a short term?

In a long-term, having a vector file is a plus but not many holders have been made the merch yet. Let’s talk about cost efficiency.

I agree that it is important to consider cost efficiency and the potential short-term benefits for the community.

With regards to the vector files for the Ghosts project PFPs, I think it’s more to discuss how best to spread these files in a wise and efficient manner. Misang already has the vector files in a part form if I’m not wrong (ex. he doesn’t have 10,000 vector files for ghosts, he got like ‘pipe’ in an AI file.) and it is important to consider how they can be shared with the community in a way that is beneficial for all.

I also think it is important to consider the areas in which the WG should focus their efforts, and which areas they should not be working on. As WG members are paid for their roles from our DAO funds, it is important to be mindful of how resources are being used and to prioritize areas that will have the greatest impact. Plus, converting JPEG to AI files isn’t an ‘anybody-can-do-it’ job.

Releasing the vector files for each ghost would also be an additional selling point for the CC0 project, as it would allow for greater flexibility and potential uses of the images comparing to another CC0 project that is existing in web3 space right now.

As a community focused on art, it is important for us to have the necessary tools to create and share our work. Releasing vector files for each ghost provides our community members with the necessary materials to create and share their own artwork, regardless of whether they choose to use it or not. It’s like having a paintbrush for a painter, even if they don’t use it every day, it’s still important to have the option available.

I agree with the proposal to release the vector files for the Ghostsproject pfp to the community. The current pfp being only available in raster format, limits their flexibility and potential uses. The proposed solution of releasing the vector files will allow members to easily edit and customize the pfp, as well as use them in other projects and platforms. This proposal is cost-effective and will be beneficial for the community.

While it is true that anyone can convert raster files into vectors using illustration software, the Ghostsproject is a DAO focused on creating a community-driven platform. As such, it is important for the Ghostsproject to take ownership and responsibility for creating and maintaining the vector files for the pfp. This ensures that the vector files are accurate and of high quality, and that they align with the overall branding and aesthetic of the Ghostsproject. Additionally, making the vector files available for download on the Ghostsproject website and other platforms(Google drive, or whatever) ensures that they are easily accessible to the community.

As for the argument that the vector files are primarily for merchandising, it is important to remember that the pfp are used not only on the Ghostsproject website and other platforms, but also on other projects and platforms. Having vector files available allows for greater flexibility and customization of the pfp, which can be beneficial for the community in both the short and long term.

Furthermore, the cost of creating the vector files and making them available for download is minimal. This proposal is more about community benefit than about merchandising.

Overall, I think this is a great idea and should be implemented.

1 Like

Additionally, it is not necessary to create a separate vector file for each individual Ghost. Instead, the design team can create vector files for specific parts such as the pie, zombie skin, clothing, etc, which can then be used to create a variety of different Ghosts. This approach is more efficient and cost-effective.

2 Likes