Category: Community support & decision
Kudos: rosc#0807, MrMisang#2807, wise#0239
Multisig signers (Rosc#0807, MrMisang#2807 and Wise#0239)are using Safe (multi-sig platform) to execute transactions approved by WG and councils from the GhostsProject treasury (ghostsreasury.eth). Whenever a transaction is initiated, signed and executed on Safe, the incurred gas fees are paid by the Multisig signers. This proposal serves to create a framework for getting reimbursement for the gas fee. Note that these multisig signers are unpaid roles.
A MultiSig wallet is a digital wallet that operates with multisignature addresses. This means that it requires more than one private key to sign and authorize a crypto transaction or, in some cases, that several different keys can be used to generate a signature. With the exact reason, Multisig is being used to by the GhostsProject DAO in order to protect the fund by decentralizing the authorization.
Multisig signers would like to propose a framework for being reimbursed for the gas fees incurred from executing the community treasury transactions. If/when the proposal is approved, gas compensation can be processed without going through a voting phase every month. An identical framework applies to all current and future multisig signers.
How gas fees are incurred during a multisig-required transaction:
- The first signer stores the transaction details by calling a designated function in the MultiSig contract, which returns a Transaction-ID.
- This signer then gives the Transaction-ID to each one of the other signers, and each one of them approves the transaction by passing that Transaction-ID to a another designated function in the MultiSig contract.
- When the last required signer (for example, the 5th signer, when 5 out of 8 authorized signers are required) approves the transaction, it is being executed.
- So each one of the signers pays a certain amount, and the last one also pays for the actual transaction to be executed (typically, this means that each signer pays a small fee, and the last signer pays a much larger fee).
- WG provides a public excel sheet where Multisig-signers address the tx and incurred gas fees each month.
- The deadline for Multisig signers to list items is by the 1st of every month
- Any items not listed by the deadline cannot be reimbursed in the future
- WG/council reviews the legitimacy of the listed items
- Reviewed and approved incurred gas fees are reimbursed on the same day as WG/council payment (10th of each month).
*For the very first reimbursement: cycle/month, tx gas occurred until the date of first payment can be registered
- Transactions that were made during March are compiled and listed on the public excel sheet by April 1st by the Multisig signers
- Between April 1st and April 9th, Council/WG reviews the items for legitimacy
- On April 10th, gas free reimbursement occurs along with the WG/council payment
Accountability: rosc#0807, MrMisang#2807, wise#0239
- Yes: Approve gas reimbursement framework
- No: Reject reimbursement framework