Title of the Proposal : GhostsProject Bounty Program with Galxe
Category : Community Support
Kudos : Ghost #2295, J M#2559
By providing social and financial capital through Ghost Badge NFT based on Galxe system which can measure the contribution of community member, the GhostsProject Bounty Program serves the purpose of encouraging community members to participate and voluntarily contribute to community activities; thus, potentially brings the abundance in Ghosts through derivative arts and richer community experience.
Furthermore, it also aims to create infrastructure where the Ghosts Badge NFT can be utilized as the ultimate standard and reference for representing the one’s contribution in Ghostsproject and rewarded for future events.
The original Gho Game was designed to quantify community members’ contribution and provide reward; however, due to the lack of appropriate tool that quantify the contribution through on-chain data, the discord bot was the inevitable option for the Gho Game.
However, as more relevant community tools that help projects measure their community’s contribution has grown recently, we now can choose to implement the most appropriate tool and transform the Gho Game into GhostsProject Bounty Program that aims to encourage community members to contribute through the on-chain based Social Status system.
GhostsProject Bounty Program
What is Bounty Program?
Bounty program is a promotional tool used to incentivize specific actions or behaviors. In the context of blockchain, a bounty program is a way for a project or organization to incentivize specific tasks, such as finding and reporting bugs in software, improving documentation, or contributing to the development of a project. Participants in a bounty program are usually rewarded with tokens or other forms of compensation for their contributions.
GhostsProject Bounty Program aims to be the Art Bounty Program that incentivizes the creation and distribution of unique Ghost based derivative work. In the Bounty Program, artists are rewarded with NFT Badges or other forms of financial compensation for creating and submitting digital artwork.
By incentivizing artists to create high-quality artwork and by allowing the community to govern the program, the GhostsProject Bounty Program aims to expand the world of Ghosts and create more use cases of Ghosts’ CC0 concept.
However, Bounty Program will still have other quests for non-artist members to participate and acquire social/financial status; this will be feasible through Galxe.
Galxe is the tool that mint Badge NFT when a user accomplishes a given mission and becomes qualified. Amongst its features, there are some that GhostsProject Bounty Program can leverage such as,
- On-Chain Credentials : Qualification based on the on-chain activities
- Twitter : Qualification based on Twitter Activity
- Discord : Qualification based on the Discord Activity
- Snapshot : Qualification based on the governance participation
GhostsProject Bounty Program will be operated based on round system which may run 1~2 months per round with a total of 5 badge types that generate both Social and Financial compensation which can motivate more community members to participate and contribute to DAO.
- Badge A - Social Badge - Badge claimable for community members who engage with GhostsProject related tweet and engage in GhostsProject Discord
- Badge B - Governance Badge - Badge claimable for community members who participated in the governance during the round.
- Badge C - Content/Art Badge - Badge claimable for community members who participate in art competitions and create ghosts derivative arts.
- Badge D - Partnership Badge - Badge claimable for community members who source the partnership.
- Badge E - Event Badge - Badge claimable for community members who runs community events such as Ghoference and YGY. This badge should be the highest quality and the most scarce one
*It is yet to be determined but we can imagine a system where community members who collect all of these badges may benefit from future partnership perks or any community merch.
Community member can acquire social status within community through NFT Badges representing what they have contributed and accomplished.
Here are some examples of the possible missions:
- RT the Special Fragments Tweet
- RT the Fragment Tweets
- RT the community related contents
- Acquire a specific role on Discord
- Track activeness within Discord
- Vote on the Governance Agenda. If you have voted for last 5 proposals of DAO, you will be eligible to claim the Badge.
- Participate on the Art Competition making Ghosts Derivative Art.
- Make any Ghosts related contents such as Lore, Interview, Music and etc.
- Source any relevant partnership deal for Ghost that expand the Ghosts world and make more people to be aware of Ghosts.
- Host an Event with Ghost Theme (Ghoference, YGY).
Not only the badges are the ultimate representation of their social status but it can be utilized as the proof to acquire financial capital as the compensation of their contribution.
We can allocate (ETH) for each Badge C and D pool that can be distributed at the end of each round based on the contribution. For example, ETH for the Pool C may be allocated to the top 5 arts selected from the competition or allocation can be done for every participant but based on their rank in the competition.
*The detailed standard may vary per round and need to be determined by the operation group.
From the pool system for Badge C and D, we can motivate more members to participate in the bounty system and properly compensate the people who actually contributed to the DAO.
Here is the explanation of how GhostsProject Art Competition may look like. (This is a rough sketch so please do share your opinions)
- Topic for competition will be chosen every round and based on the Trait of Ghosts
Ex : Round 1 Topic - Smoke → Trait : Cigar, Round 2 Topic - Feather → Trait : Parasite
Free Claim of Badge NFTs
The owner of Ghosts that have traits selected for the rounds’ topic can claim Badge NFT from Galxe.
Arts from competition
Winning arts from competition can be minted through GhostsProject and may used for future offline art exhibition. + We can even think using it as a Bagde Design for Galxe.
Benefits for Artists
- Eligible for claiming Creator Badge on Galxe
- Give freedom to insert link that they want to the Galxe Badge if their arts are used for Galxe Badge
- ETH Prize
- Additional ETH Prize if one wins the competition.
Discord and Twitter
Art Competition Winner Prize Pool
- 1st Place - 1 ETH
- 2nd Place - 0.7 ETH
- 3rd Place - 0.3 ETH
+Potential secondary fee from manifold
Art Competition Participation Pool
- 1ETH (Divided by the # of Badge C collectors)
- Each time the number of participants increases by a hundred an additional 1ETH will be added to the Participation pool.
Ex. 1 ~ 100: 1ETH, 101 ~ 200: 2ETH, 201 ~ 300: 3ETH…
As mentioned, GhostsProject Bounty Program utilizing NFT Badges as form of representation will create the social capital within GhostsProject community as it is an art and also proof of your contribution and provide financial capital for specific badges considering the significance of contribution.
Moreover, quantifying ones’ contribution as NFT will create the infrastructure where those NFT ,when piled, are used as the references of judging one’s qualification of future community perks and events.
Ultimately, GhostsProject Bounty Program will expand the story of GhostsProject as more people utilize Ghost NFT and increase the value of Ghosts.
Roughly 50~100 new artworks that expand the story of GhostsProject.
Ask: 3ETH + @(depending on the number of participants)
Accountability: J M#2559
Please share your thoughts to improve the bounty system.